My positive coping skill

My positive coping skill
Boxing at Lewis's Boxing Gym, Springfield, MO.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Adding fruits and vegetables to your diet

The next thing I did was to add more fruits and veggies to my diet.
  I started with veggies because they are a little harder for me but not by much.  My plan to have one veggie at every meal (two at dinner) and a veggie for one of my snacks.  Then I planned on having fruit at breakfast and as a snack.  It was easier for me to add things to my diet before cutting things out.  Adding the veggies and fruits then made it harder to eat as much junk because I could only fit so much in my stomach.  I tried this for a week and then reviewed what improvements I needed to make.  I didn't do anything else until I started doing this first. 

Some people find it easier to start by adding fruit because they hate veggies.  For those of you who HATE veggies I suggest finding ways to sneak them into your meal so you don't have to taste them.  Deceptively Delicious is the cookbook I use but I know of at least one other that deals with the same topic(I just can't think of the name).  Almost any vegetable can be added to spaghetti sauce and you can add small diced veggies to burgers and meatloaf.  Onions, carrots, celery are my big three that I commonly add.  You can also use vegetable purees to dip chicken in before coating it in breadcrumbs to make chicken nuggets.  These were actually the best nuggets I ever made!  Cauliflower can be added to mashed potatoes and spinach can be added to brownies!  Nuts I know but  I couldn't even tell. 

The main thing is that I had to start thinking about what I was eating in order to make changes.  What healthy foods are you going to add to your diet in the near future?  Everyone wants to hear from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment