My positive coping skill

My positive coping skill
Boxing at Lewis's Boxing Gym, Springfield, MO.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fidgit to lose weight

I read this article years ago about a link between fidgeting and being thinner.  I am a huge fidgeter (I don't think this is a word but I am going to use it anyway) myself and often annoy those around me (sorry in advance).  Once I read this article I know I had ammunition to keep fidgeting.  One of the reasons this works is because you are moving! The concept that moving more causes us to burn more calories is not new.  What is interesting is that the hormone Bsx was higher in mice that fidgeted.  This hormone is supposed to help us regulate when we are hungry.  I don't know what came first the chicken or the egg but I am gonna try  to tap my feet more at my desk.  It might help me produce more of the hormone that will help me out with my hunger and at the very least I will be burning a few more calories.  Yes, every calorie does help you ward off those pounds and helps you live a healthier life.

Here is the link to the article if you are interested.

http://www.naturalnews.com/022249.html

No comments:

Post a Comment