My positive coping skill

My positive coping skill
Boxing at Lewis's Boxing Gym, Springfield, MO.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How I lost my baby weight



First I want to thank you for reading my blog Weight Loss Lies.  I hope that I can help you on your journey to be your best self.  It is always a journey with ups an downs.  Currently I am starting over with my weight loss endeavor as I have recently had my third child.  He is such a cute little chunk and thanks to the pregnancy so am I!  I was able to lose my past baby weight and actually get into better shape than I was before having kids.  So, I thought I would share my secrets. 

1.  It takes time!  I hate this part.  I am in a body that I am not comfortable with and it feels like torture.  So, I have to find ways to feel OK about myself.  I have done this by getting a cute haircut, getting a few clothing items that make me feel good about myself and painting my nails.  I just try to find ways to love myself. 

2.  I set small achievable goals.  These are going to be different for everyone.  With my first baby I set a goal to walk 5 days a week even if it was only 5 minutes.  Sometimes, I would cry while walking down the road because I just felt bad but I did it anyway.  Those were the really short walks!  Then I was able to add on to my goals by walking a little further, carrying the baby in a carrier, adding resistance training, doing kickboxing classes, then aerobic classes which finally led me into trying out kickboxing for real.  I would not have been able to become a pro boxer if I hadn't gone on those sometimes miserable walks.  Mind you, they weren't all miserable.  There were some wonderful days too where I would sing to my baby and I felt beautiful.  That's just how life is full of ups and downs.  We are successful when we push through those hard days and pick ourselves back up.

I will share more of the steps I have taken to lose weight in my life in my following posts this week.  In the meantime I would love to hear what you do to help lift yourself up and what small goal you are going to set for yourself this week.  Success starts with one step.  May God bless you on your journey!


Steps Christ walked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment