My positive coping skill

My positive coping skill
Boxing at Lewis's Boxing Gym, Springfield, MO.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Drink more water to lose weight

My First Step to Weight Loss!

The very first thing that I have done to lose my baby weight was to set a goal to drink more water.  This helped me in a couple of ways. 

 I often eat unconsciously.  I eat because I am bored, happy, sad , numb you name it and I can find a reason to eat.  So, my goal was to drink water instead of picking up food and to drink water before meals to help me feel full. 

 Drinking the water made me stop and think about why I was eating.  Often, I realized I was just thirsty.  Sometimes I really was hungry.  It was really hard for me to learn the difference until I slowed things down by drinking water.

Drinking water also made me feel full before I started eating.  It takes 20 minutes for our brains to register that we are full.  Drinking the water helped me eat less because I felt full sooner.  Here is an article that discusses the study in more detail. 

http://news.health.com/2010/08/23/could-drinking-water-before-meals-help-you-lose-weight/

Happy drinking (water that is)!

No comments:

Post a Comment