My positive coping skill

My positive coping skill
Boxing at Lewis's Boxing Gym, Springfield, MO.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Losing the baby weight

Ok, most of you already know that I just had Baby Ben. He is now just over two months old and such a cute little chunk! He is my third little guy and now I have to begin the journey of losing the baby weight again. I have decided to share my journey with you. I am dreading it but I will post before pics because honestly, it really is motivating to see others change their bodies. Since, my goal is to help you meet your goals I am gonna put my humility aside and bite the bullet. The first time I was pregnant my start weight was 135 and my end weight was 216. I was able to lose all of it and look even better. My boxing pic is after I had my oldest. During my second pregnancy I didn't gain as much weight. I think it was around 38lbs. It was more difficult to fit in exercise this time around as I couldn't just go for a jog because I had my oldest son to watch and no double stroller. I pretty much lost the weight through making healthy choices and staying active such as doing yard work, walking and jogging and simple exercise like push ups and chair dips. We were so broke that a gym was not an option. I did manage to lose it all again. This time I got up to 201lbs. I had gestational diabetes and this really slowed me down. I just could barely move and the diabetes caused me to gain more weight. At this point I am down to 172lbs. I can fit into some of my prebaby clothes but not most. I am a size 10/12. The biggest thing is that I have lost a ton of muscle and put on a ton of fat. Fun times! My first goal is to start adding exercise back into my life even if it is just 15 minutes per day. Getting into the habit is the KEY to changing your body. You must form new habits. I am also going to start a food log. I hate this more than anything! It is just a pain in my butt, but I know it will help me get back on track. I will try to get those pictures posted this weekend so come back and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment