My positive coping skill

My positive coping skill
Boxing at Lewis's Boxing Gym, Springfield, MO.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baby steps


So to update you about my weight loss journey. I did a mini workout yesterday and plan on doing another today. I kept it simple, adapted pushups (maxed out did them till I couldn't tollerate another. I used a desk to put my hands on. I like these better than the "girl" style push ups on your knees because it gives you a greater range of motion like you would have with the regular push ups. So back to my workout. It is so sad I hate to even call it that, but I have to start somewhere. Ok, then chair dips (maxed out), plie squats (feet very wide toes pointed slightly out) works inner thighs, normal squats. I maxed both of these with no weight but my own. Then I did 100 kegals. Ladies I can't tell you how important this is after having a baby. It helps with incontinence and helps with sexual performance. Hey, I am just gonna keep it real here. Then I did a series of booty exercises. The ones where you are on all fours and you lift your legs toward the ceiling. I repeated this two times. I tried jumping rope for a few minutes and realized that I should wear a sports bra for this endeaver. Needless to say this was the toughest. I only did it for five minutes. Mind you when I am fit I can jump rope for an hour. Crazy, I know but it is a big warm up and cool down exercise for boxing and I prefer it over jogging. I can't stand jogging by the way. So hooray for me for taking this baby step to my weight loss goal. Which by the way is to have 22% body fat. I hate the scale. It doesn't differentiate between fat and muscle. So, this is why I have a body fat percentage goal. On top of posting pics I will post all my measurements and my body fat. Believe it or not it is hard to share this info. Kuddos to all of those who have gone before me. It takes guts to show the world where you are at when you are at your worst. I am gonna continue with my baby steps so I can post those fun after pics! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment